Today we are launching a new Organisation “World ParaDarts”
The World ParaDarts is an organisation formed to enable, support and promote disabled darts through-out the world. Putting the players at the heart of what we do.
We are a non-political, non-racial and non-profit making organization dedicated toward achieving and maintaining the highest possible standard of presentation and organization, around the world.
As a world-wide organisation of darts bodies, we will encourage the promotion of the Sport of Darts, and disability darts among and between those bodies, in an effort to gain international recognition for Darts as a major sport and the full inclusion of disability darts.
World ParaDarts is moving forward to get International Paralympic Committee recognition.
How we will do this:
1. The World ParaDarts will allow member organisations to join in with the decision making, with a democratic process with each member organisation having a representative at general meetings.
2. We will be proactively looking to work with the World Darts Federation in the future to promote and develop disability darts.
3. We will embrace the International Paralympic Committee’s Classification System for all our tournaments.
4. We will support all organisations who provide and are considering providing disability darts (even if they are not using the IPC’s Classification System)
5. We will help and support individual players in their quest to play disability darts.
6. The World ParaDarts will proactively promote Disability Darts and work to ensure disability darts is included throughout the darting community.
7. We will work with the International Paralympic Committee on the development of our own sports related Classification System within the IPC’s system.
8. We will provide a “World ParaDarts Grand Slam” of Darts Tournaments on an International basis.
The health and safety of our players and officials is the most important factor at the moment and therefore some of the “World ParaDart Grand Slam” tournaments arranged a couple of months ago have already been cancelled. We are monitoring the World Pandemic, ongoing. with a view to future tournaments having to be cancelled or postponed. However, we are using the next couple of months to ensure 2021 is a year full of World ParaDarts tournaments.
Exciting news to follow shortly as the team that gave you the World Cup in Ostend 2019 are organising another one (a different location). As soon as the arrangements are in place, we will be announcing the details and we will ensure that teams will have at least 15 months’ notice to plan for it.
In addition, we will be announcing a World Championships in the near future.
For full details more information please visit our website at www.worldparadarts.com
Please stay safe in these unprecedented times
Thierry Gellinck, Sarah Smale and Becki Baker
Founding Executives of World ParaDarts